- What is Blast Connect?
- Blast Connect helps athletes, coaches, and academies “connect” by using a suite of software services to take training to the next level. It provides a set of coaching, analysis, communication, scheduling, and management modules, while enabling access to Blast sensor metrics and the content library, which can contain video, photos, and documents.
- Who is Blast Connect for?
- Blast Connect is for academies, coaches, and athletes.
- How do I sign up for Blast Connect?
- There are multiple ways to register your account as an individual Player or Coach, or as an Academy Owner or Academy Member.
Individual Player or Coach
- Select 'Get Started' from the login screen.
- Register your account by entering your First Name, Last Name, Email, Password, Confirm Password and agreeing to the Terms of Service.
- Select a subscription plan and enter your payment information.
Coach / Student of Coach as part of an Academy
- Contact your Academy Owner to be added to the academy's Blast Connect account.
- Once added to the academy, you should receive an email to active your personal Blast Connect account.
- Select the link from the email to register your account, then enter your First Name, Last Name, Email, Password, Confirm Password and agree to the Terms of Service.
- Select a subscription plan and enter your payment information.
Academy / Owner
Please contact us here to inquire about setting up a new Academy.
- Do I need a Blast Motion sensor to use Blast Connect?
- You do not need to have a Blast Motion sensor to user Blast Connect. However, the Blast sensor will allow you to get the most out of Blast Connect by automatically syncing your metrics for immediate or historical review and is suggested to get the complete 360-degree solution.
- How do I cancel my subscription?
- Log into your account
- Select “My Profile” from the top right menu
- Select “Edit Profile” icon
- Select the “Subscriptions” Tab
- Select “Cancel Subscription”
- If I cancel my subscription during trial period, does it get cancelled right away?
- Yes, the subscription is canceled immediately. You will not be billed and you will no longer have access to your historical Blast Connect data.
- If I cancel my subscription after the trial period, will I get a refund?
- No. After the initial trial period, we do not allow refunds on subscriptions. Please take a look at our Terms and Conditions for more information.
- Is it possible to cancel my subscription on the last day of my paid period?
- Yes. However, please be aware of the time you signed up for the service. The service renews on the day and time of your original subscription.
- How will I know when my subscription is up for renewal?
- You can access your subscription renewal date in the “My Profile” > “Subscriptions” tab.
- Who can see my profile and stats?
- Your Blast Connect profile can be viewed by your Academy owner and coaches.
- How can I customize Blast Connect?
- Owner - Custom options for owners can be found under “Edit Academy” in the Profile Menu at the top right
- Coach – Coaches can add Workouts and Practice Plans for students under “Train”. Coaches can also add students and rosters to their account under “Connections” in the right menu.
- Student – Under “Manage Your Profile” students can make changes to their profile and update their settings for their dashboard, time zone, password, and linked Blast Motion sensors.
- How do I connect my sensor?
- After logging in to Blast Connect, the Dashboard appears. Connect your Blast Motion Sensor by selecting on the ‘Get Started’ box in the top right side of the screen or Analyze > Blast Metrics. Enter your Blast Motion Sensor App Information and you’ll be ready to view your Blast Motion App metrics. Enter your Blast Motion Sensor App Email, and Password, select ‘I agree to share my data with my coach’ and tap on ‘Connect to your Blast Motion Sensor App’. If you forgot your blast motion app password select the ‘forgot my password’ link to reset your password. To Locate the email address used for your sensor app, within the app go to Settings > User Settings> Email.
- How do I disconnect my sensor from Blast Connect?
- To unlink your Blast sensor from your Blast Connect account from the portal, simply click My Profile (below your name) > Edit My Profile > Settings > Unlink.
- How do I see my Blast Metrics in Blast Connect?
- Your Blast Sensor Metrics will automatically update upon logging in to Blast Connect. A message next to the sync button will show the date and time of the last recorded action. You can manually sync your data at any time with the sync button on this page.
- Are my files private, and who would have access to them?
- Files in your Library can be viewed by your academy owners and coaches.
- Is there a file size limit?
- 500MB is the maximum file size for upload.
- How do I share a file with someone else?
- Currently, academy owners and coaches can share video files within the academy. To share, select the video you would like to share from your Library. Select the “edit” option. Select “Share with everyone in the academy,” then select “Update”.
- How do I use the Analysis Tool?
- To use the Analysis Tool you must use the Google Chrome browser. Select on the video you want to analyze from your Library, then select the “Analyze” option under the video. Editing tools are available to annotate the video and compare multiple videos side-by-side. Tap the record icon at the top right to start and stop recording your screen cast to provide video and audio of your analysis.
- Where do I go to add a payment source for my academy?
- The payment source can be added under Manage Your Profile > Subscriptions tab.
- As an owner or coach, how do I use my payment source to pay for another user’s Blast Connect subscription?
- Once a credit card is added to your account, go to “Academy Members” and add the member’s information. Under “payment source” select “My Card” to pay for the new member.
- How do I create a Workout or Practice?
Owners, coaches and players can create and edit workouts by selecting TRAIN from the menu bar, then “Workouts & Practices”
Then click the “+” icon and choose to create either a Workout or Practice. Both the Workouts and Practices work the same way. Once you have chosen between the two, you must complete the details in the Workout or Practice like the title and optional media attachment. When you get to the “exercise” section in Workouts or “drills” section in Practices, you can click on the “+” to create new exercises and drills or add existing exercises or drills.
Once Workouts or Practices are created, coaches and owners can schedule and assign them to any of their students or rosters. Students can only assign workouts and practices to themselves to complete.
- How do I complete a Workout or Practice?
- When assigned a workout or practice, the player will receive an email from the Blast Connect platform. When the student logs in and clicks on “Workouts & Practices” under the TRAIN tab, they will see the assigned Workouts and Practices and have the ability to complete their assigned workouts with added notes and edits to reps completed, etc. Coaches and Owners can complete their own workouts as well by viewing "Personal Mode" in the Workouts & Practices section of Blast Connect.
- How do I create a roster?
As an Academy Owner or Coach, to create a roster, click on your profile picture in the top right corner of Blast Connect > select CONNECTIONS > Select the ROSTERS tab > click on the large plus sign to the right of the ROSTERS tab > fill out Roster Name, assign a coach (if you are an owner), and assign students on the roster > finish by selecting ADD ROSTER
To edit or add students to a Roster, click the three vertical dots to the right of the roster name and select EDIT ROSTER.
- I don’t see a golf course that I’ve played at… how can I get it added?
- If the course isn’t showing, please contact customer support and provide the course name and location to be added into the system.
- I still have questions! Can I get support?
- For support, please visit https://blastmotion.com/about/contact-us/ and submit your question or feedback. Or, contact Customer Support at +1 (855) 632-5278. Support hours are 7 AM – 5 PM Pacific time Mon-Fri and support is in English only.